The DTI is a specially designed load measuring device with protrusions on one face. It is placed under the bolt head or nut, and the protrusions create a gap. As the bolt is tensioned, the clamping force flattens the protrusions, reducing the gap. A “no-go” feeler gage is used to insure that the specified bolt tension is achieved.
- Verifies correct tension for secure joints.
- Permanent load verification to +/- 2% of bolt load.
- Bolt load achieved regardless of bolt condition and torque applied.
- Simple to install and inspect with standard tools, no special training.
- Low cost alternative to ultrasonic measuring.
- Customized DTI’s available.
- Download the DTI Information Sheet here